Light and tangy, this mezze recipe is extremely easy to make and bursts with the flavor of its fresh ingredients.
Hydration factor: Zucchini provides fiber and vitamin C, but it is mostly water, the combination of which not only hydrates you, but also helps you feel full for longer.
- 1½ pounds organic zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch-thick disks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté zucchini in olive oil until golden. Place on paper towel to drain oil.
- While zucchini is still hot, transfer it to a bowl and add lemon, salt and sugar; toss. (Do not allow mixture to sit for more than 10 – 15 minutes.) Chop fresh mint while zucchini cools to preserve the mint’s aromatic freshness. Toss mint with zucchini, drain and serve.
Recipe Credit: Delicious Living