Thanks to the four fabulous staff members who participated in the 2018 Harvest Market Staff Chili Cook Off! After the all recipes were tasted, and the votes tallied, the winner was found out to be…CARRIE! As a local culinary arts graduate, Carrie started out in the Harvest Market Kitchen and has since moved to become a member of our General Floor Staff. Here is her award-winning recipe for White Chicken Chili:
White Chicken Chili
- 1 can great northern beans
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large onion
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapenos (save some for garnish)
- 1 TB cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 small can coconut cream
- 1 TB lime juice
- 3 chicken breast
- Saute onions and diced jalapenos until tender, add garlic and cook until aromatic, then add spices.
- Stir, add broth, and bring to a boil.
- Pan sear chicken breast and then add to broth.
- Turn to simmer and cook until chicken is falling apart, about an hour or two. Remove and shred, then return to pot.
- Puree cannellini beans then add all beans to stock, cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh jalapenos and coconut cream as garnish.