Oatmeal often gets slathered with honey or sugar and cinnamon, but you will love it with savory, satisfying cheese and sausage!
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup old-fashioned, gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 precooked, gluten-free chicken or turkey breakfast sausage links, sliced
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring first four ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring often, until oats thicken.
- Stir in half the green onions and cheese. Pour into bowl, and sprinkle with remaining green onions and cheese. Serve hot.