Not only is dried fruit delicious, but as a preservation method, it reduces food waste. Dried fruit also creates year-round harvest seasons, making for a more sustainable agriculture model for many fruit farmers.
- 30 dried apricots
- 5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios and/or peanuts, finely chopped
- Using a paring knife, cut a horizontal slit in each dried apricot to create a pocket (do not cut all the way through). In a small bowl, combine ricotta and maple syrup.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon ricotta mixture into each apricot “pocket.” Flatten gently, and dip the exposed ricotta edge in chopped pistachios. If desired, secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a platter to serve.