Swapping quinoa for rice ups the nutrient game for this one-bowl favorite. Make quinoa up to five days ahead and store in fridge. You can also make the entire dish ahead of time and simply warm it up for dinner.
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 cups diced fresh snap peas
• 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels
• 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
• 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
• 3 cups cold cooked quinoa
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
• Toppings: Hot sauce, lime wedges, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts, chopped green onions
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add snap peas and corn; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
2. Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic and ginger. Add cooked quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
3. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add eggs. Scramble, stirring eggs gradually into quinoa-veggie mixture. When eggs are cooked through, stir in tamari. Serve with optional toppings.
Recipe credit: Amy Palanjian
Photo credit: Jennifer Olson