Happy Month of Love!
February is the perfect time to practice love in all its forms, especially self-love. So as part of our suggested self-care, we encourage you to make a little time to give yourself a manicure and a pedicure. What’s our go-to nail polish company? We absolutely love, love, LOVE Mineral Fusion’s Nail Polish! “Tiara,” a delicate, glistening pink topped with their “Shimmering Shale” for a sparkly, creates a perfectly pink pairing that is splendid for February’s love theme.
How much do we love Mineral Fusion’s nail color line? Let us count the ways…
- Gorgeous colors that include creamy, glittery, and metallic-y
- Base Coat, Gel Top Coat, and a Glitter Top Coat
- Free from formaldehyde, a known cancer-causing chemical
- Free from toluene, a toxic chemical that is harmful to the brain, nervous system, respiratory system, and reproductive system
- Free from DBP (dibutyl phthalate), a toxic chemical that has been linked to reproductive damage
- Long lasting!! Seriously, we’re rough on our hands and this color doesn’t chip easily.
- Dries ridiculously fast! We applied two layers of Tiara, one layer of Shimmering Shale, and the Gel Top Coat in less time than it took to do two layers of a conventional nail color.
- EWG Skin Deep verified
The Environmental Working Group “creates profiles for cosmetic and personal care items and their potential hazards and health concerns.” Think of the EWG as a company that provides a report card for beauty products (hair, skin, nails). The lower the rating on their scale of 0-10, the safer the product.
To go one step further, companies can become EWG verified by submitting “significantly more detailed information to confirm that they: avoid ingredients that authoritative health bodies have flagged for potential health concerns; fully disclose their ingredients to consumers; ensure that their products are adequately preserved and free of contaminants; and follow good manufacturing practices. A company must meet all our rigorous criteria and provide additional information not typically found on the product label – an effort to drive the market toward greater transparency.” Once a company is EWG Verified, a numeric score is no longer provided as it is inherently a score of 0.
If you haven’t yet tried Mineral Fusion’s nail polish, we highly recommend it!