Host Defense Mycological Mushroom Mycelium and Herb Powders
What Is It?
Mushrooms are a functional food with a long history of traditional use as a healing modality. The flexibility of a powder format and the quality standards of Host Defense supplements are found in these new convenient mushroom mycelium powders. With four of the most popular single species and the top-selling immune formula STAMETS 7, these five products address a wide range of structure-function categories. The freeze-drying process and heat treatment of each product ensure optimized bioavailability and health-supporting power, and they easily blend into your favorite foods, (like soups, baked goods, dressings, etc.), as well as hot or cold beverages.
Details, Details, Details
- Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Sustainably cultivated and wildcrafted in the USA
- Genetically matched for strength and integrity
- Clinical and in vitro studies, third-party testing, and benefit confirmations by NIS Labs
- Uses mycelium, fruiting bodies, and primordial stage spores
- Grown on organic brown rice and Red Alder wood chips
- Double and Triple Extraction Methods (Hot Water, Organic Ethanol, Cold Water)
- Ongoing DNA analyses to confirm the identity and integrity of all their mushrooms
What About It?
Mushroom Mycelium Powders
- TURKEY TAIL. Serious immune support when needed. Named for its autumnal palette of stripes resembling turkey feathers, Turkey Tail is one of the best-documented mushrooms in medical research. It shows much promise in supporting the immune system with its protein-bound beta-glucan polysaccharides, as well as supporting beneficial microflora in the gastrointestinal ecosystem. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants and cellular nutrients. Interested in learning more? Just type “Health Benefits of Turkey Tail Mushrooms” into your favorite search engine for the full story. Prepare to be amazed.
- LION’S MANE. Cognition, nerve and brain health. (Think neurological and nervous system support.) This beautiful species, appearing as a white waterfall of cascading icicles, is found on broad leaf trees and logs. It is renowned for promoting cognitive functioning like mental clarity, focus, and memory, along with cerebral and nervous system support. Lion’s Mane also supports a balanced mood, as it optimizes nervous and immune system function. Recent studies have shown it can support Nerve Growth Factor in the brain (primarily involved in the regulation of growth, maintenance, proliferation, and survival of certain target neurons) and may help support nerve issues related to neuropathy.
- CORDYCEPS. Optimized Energy and stamina. A very strange-looking mushroom, to be sure. (I’d advise against googling images of this one.) The mountain peoples of Himalaya have long used Cordyceps during strenuous, high altitude activities. It is now used by athletes around the world, as Cordyceps helps support stamina, oxygen uptake, lung health, and metabolic rate. Traditionally recognized for its anti-aging (pro-aging) properties, it has also been studied for stress management, blood sugar balance, healthy inflammation response, kidney function, and heart health. Cordyceps energizes by nourishing the adrenal glands without being stimulating and can help decrease lactic acid levels, which frequently go hand-in-hand with muscle spasms and soreness due to over-exertion. Into marathon running or biking? This is your best friend.
- REISHI. Cardio health and longevity. The one mushroom for over-all health, Reishi, sometimes referred to as the “mushroom of immortality,” grows primarily on hardwood trees. It supports immune functions, viral infections, cardiovascular health, inflammation, and the body’s adaptability to stress. In fact, it is the ideal choice for the typical type-A over-achiever who may feel over-burdened, burned-out and suffering from any number of health concerns. Some preliminary studies show promise that Reishi could also help decrease anxiety and depression.
- STAMETS 7. Seven mushrooms, seven days a week: Royal Sun Blazei, Cordyceps, Reishi, Maitake, Lion’s Mane, Chaga, and Mesima. Like a mushroom multi-vitamin, (or cocktail, if you’d prefer), Stamets-7 contains seven well-studied mushrooms blended into a single daily immune support formula. Supports respiratory, digestive, circulatory, cellular, and lymphatic systems for foundational immune support. May also help the body in adapting to physical, mental and environmental stress factors. Recommended for auto-immune challenges, Stamets-7 is immune-modulating as opposed to immune-stimulating. The synergy of this unique blend has been demonstrated to be 33% more effective than taking the same mushrooms individually. Excellent for travelers, teachers, office workers, health food store employees, or anyone who is exposed to concentrations of pathogens on a regular basis.
Focused Cognitive Formulas
The Cognition aspect of dietary supplements is a rapidly growing category. This is especially true in mushroom supplements, where Lion’s Mane leads the way as a single species. These two MycoBotanicals formulas were developed using Lion’s Mane in conjunction with supportive herbs to further focus the formulation towards supporting healthy Brain Structure or Brain Function. Both can be mixed into soups or broths, in water, or your favorite nutritionally-loaded smoothie for an early morning wake-up or afternoon re-charge.
- FOCUS FORMULA BRAIN AND BODY. Support for a sound mind and strong body. When keeping your body healthy, don’t forget your brain. BRAIN & BODY includes organic Turmeric and Ginger, used for centuries to support whole body health. Reishi supports heart health, while Lion’s Mane mycelium (“the smart mushroom”) promotes mental acuity, nerve health, and brain health. With a taste that’s been compared to a good chai tea, Brain & Body is a palpable way to get your shroom on while also benefiting your cognitive health.
- FOCUS FORMULA BRAIN ENERGY. This naturally supports your ability to keep your “mental edge.” The freeze-dried mycelium of Lion’s Mane is blended with Yerba Mate and Eleuthero to promote brain function with a boost of energy to help you through the day, from running errands and child-rearing to your cardio and fitness routines. If you experience occasional “Brain Fog” and your body seems to be running out of steam more frequently than you’d like, this formula would be worthy of your consideration.
Stop in to Harvest Market soon and check out these new Host Defense Mushroom Mycelium Powders. Bring your questions. We’re always here to help.