Just Thrive Precision Prebiotic
What is a Probiotic?
The importance of Probiotics has long been known. These living microorganisms such as bacteria and yeasts help maintain a balanced environment inside our body. They have proven beneficial for combating issues within the gastrointestinal tract and keeping the digestive system in a happy, healthy place. Recent studies have also demonstrated our microbiome has a profound influence on many factors contributing to our overall health. They can support immune system function, help with allergies, aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels, and may even help improve mental health issues.
You will find probiotics not only in the supplement aisle, but in fermented foods as well, such as yogurt, pickles, sauerkraut, miso, kefir, kombucha, and other various dairy products. (Remember, not all these foods are fermented. That word must be on the label to be a probiotic food.)
What is a Prebiotic?
Prebiotics, on the other hand, are not bacteria, but you can often find them incorporated into probiotic formulas or sold separately. While our bodies do not digest prebiotics, our bacteria love them! Prebiotics are specific nutrients, usually non-absorbable starches, fibers, and carbohydrates like fructo- and oligo-saccharides, which can be found naturally occurring in whole grains, fruits, and legumes. They can also be found in foods like asparagus, bananas, onions, leeks, garlic, sunchokes, apple skin, chicory root, and raw dandelion greens. Because our bodies can’t digest them, prebiotics are fully available to nourish beneficial bacteria. Similar to how fertilizer helps your garden, prebiotics help beneficial bacteria thrive.
However, the problem with most prebiotics, either supplemental or from foods, is that they feed everybody. They nourish the potentially harmful bacteria along with the good bacteria, and that can lead to an imbalance in your gut microbiome. And that imbalance can lead to all sorts of problems.
Why Do I Need a Prebiotic?
Good question. Thank you for asking. Like other supplements, it’s likely that if you eat a healthy and varied organic diet, and have not had any gastric issues, you may not need prebiotics. However, for those of us dealing with digestive problems, either short-term or over decades, prebiotics could be just the thing to affect a positive therapeutic change in our gut health.
For example: Lifestyle changes haven’t yielded the results you were hoping for. You’ve reached a weight-loss plateau. You’ve had rounds and rounds of anti-biotics. You’ve tried a million diets and still are visited by the usual culprits of flatulence, bloating, stomach cramps, indigestion, nausea, distension, heartburn, constipation or loose stool. A feeling that something is simply “off.” (You know your body better than anyone. Trust your gut!) For these symptoms and situations, prebiotics can support your already good dietary practices. Remember, it’s hard to get enough of the right kinds of prebiotic fiber through diet alone. Increasing the populations of these protective prebiotic nutrients is an integral part of reinforcing a healthy gut microbiome. Studies have shown that a more diverse gut microbiome is associated with overall good health, and not just gut health.
Prebiotics and probiotics have a symbiotic relationship. Prebiotic fiber is the primary food source of probiotics, and probiotics cannot thrive without it. Taking a probiotic supplement or food with a prebiotic fiber supplement delivers precise, measured, and consistent indigestible prebiotics straight to the gut where probiotics consume them.
Details, Details, Details
Just Thrive Precision Prebiotic powder is uniquely designed to specifically support 3 beneficial keystone strains:
- Akkermansia municifila- plays an important role in metabolism – which affects body weight, blood sugar, and heart health – and has been shown to promote fat loss.
- Faecalum bacteria- can increase the production of butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that maintains healthy intestinal cells, and may support liver health (crucial for your body’s natural detoxifying function).
- Bifidobacterium- can also increase butyrate production, as well as producing essential B vitamins and promoting lean body mass.
It does all this by supplying nutrients in the form of 3 different oligosaccharides which feed these beneficial gut bacteria in particular. Just Thrive Precision PREbiotic supplies the raw materials those keystone bacteria need to do their jobs – especially when it comes to the production of short-chain fatty acids.
It also prepares the digestive tract for all the beneficial microbial changes created by Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant, together helping to promote a diverse and robust microbiome.
Clinical studies on Just Thrive Precision PREbiotic have shown:
- derived from cow dairy
- increased Bifido by 10% in 6 weeks
- derived from the kiwi fruit
- increased Akkermansia municifila by 8,000% in 5 weeks
- increased Faecalum bacteria by 100% in 4 weeks
- derived from non-GMO corn cobs
- increased Bifido by 9% in 8 weeks
PRECISION PREBIOTIC has been tested and found to be Hypoallergenic, specifically:
Important: While the oligosaccharides in Precision Probiotic are derived from dairy and corn, testing shows the final product to be free from any dairy or corn allergens. The reason is twofold:
- Corn cob does not contain any corn allergens.
- The extraction process removes the allergens from the dairy.
FODMAP Diet info: Even though this product starts with Fructooligosaccharides, it is recognized as safe and is actually recommended for those individuals on or considering a FODMAP diet.
The base of the powder is VitaFiber, a proprietary hypoallergenic fiber which is:
- Made from tapioca starch
- Certified Organic
- Sugar-free (including Sucrose, Fructose, and Lactose)
PRECISION PREBIOTIC is:
- Mostly Organic
- 100% certified GMO-Free
The flavorings are all GMO-free and include:
- Natural Mango Fruit
- Stevia Extract
- Malic Acid
- Citric Acid (from Cassava Root)
- Monk Fruit Extract 80%
DIE-OFF VERSUS DAIRY OR CORN REACTION:
Many individuals who identify as dairy or corn sensitive may believe they are having an allergic response to the ingredients in the Prebiotic. In fact, they are experiencing a reaction from a die-off due to the Prebiotic’s incredible effectiveness to do precisely what we want – increase our beneficial gut bacteria and neutralize the bad guys.
When bad bacteria die in high numbers, toxins are released which can sometimes produce uncomfortable symptoms (bloating, gas). The solution is always to reduce and slow down the dosage. Let your body decide your correct speed.
A die-off reaction will reduce over a short time with correct, individualized dosing as opposed to a legitimate allergic response which does not, no matter how much you reduce the dosage.
EASY DOES IT:
Taking both Just Thrive Precision Prebiotic and Just Thrive Probiotic has been shown to exponentially increase beneficial microbes in just 3 weeks. While the label says to start at ½ scoop daily, ¼ scoop might be wiser for the person with sensitive digestive issues.
- Nourishes and supports beneficial gut bacteria, increasing their numbers and effectiveness.
- Improves probiotic diversity and balance in the gut microbiome.
- Increases nutrient absorption – including essential minerals like calcium and magnesium.
- Can increase feelings of fullness for easier weight maintenance.
- Soothing gastrointestinal support (Gas, Bloat, IBS, Leaky Gut, Crohn’s, etc.)
- Vegetarian – Paleo and Keto friendly, free of soy, sugar, salt, tree nuts, and gluten
- Even though this product starts with Fructooligosaccharides, it is recognized as safe and recommended for those individuals on or considering a FODMAP diet.
- Likewise, even though the product label says “Contains Milk and Corn,” the production process eliminates 100% of these from the final product. In other words, it is safe to use for those with dairy and corn allergies.
– Henry, Wellness Manager
P.S. To learn more about Just Thrive’s groundbreaking Spore-Based Probiotic, click here! The two go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.