Muesli is a great alternative to expensive packaged cereal, and it’s filled with fiber, protein and flavor. Eat it with yogurt, almond milk or dairy milk, and you’ll stay full all morning.
- 3 cups old-fashioned, gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped, dried cranberries or apricots
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Mix first six ingredients (oats through vanilla) in a large bowl. Line an 11 x 18-inch rimmed baking pan with parchment. Pour mix onto pan. Bake 15–20 minutes or until coconut flakes are light brown. Cool.
- When cool, stir in raisins and dried cranberries or apricots. Transfer to an airtight container and use within a week, or freeze for longer storage.