The bitterness of leafy winter greens like endive and radicchio marries perfectly with the complexity and richness of cheese. Add a little acid provided by citrus and/or a splash of vinegar, and you have a vibrant and satisfying complement to any meal. Some of our favorite combinations include shaved Idiazabal (smoked aged raw milk Spanish sheep milk) with radicchio, endive, fennel, and tahini maple dressing. We also love shaved Runnymede, local Farm at Doe Run’s aged sheep/cow/goat cheese, in any bitter green salad. Another favorite is local Birchrun Blue with radicchio, endive, pear, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Lastly, Humboldt Fog with roasted winter squash, radicchio, endive, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans.
Back to Blog
- Tuna, Feta and Wheat Berry Salad
- Let Organic Mechanics Work on Your Soil
- Cacio e Pepe
- Oven Baked French Toast and Bacon
- Pollo con Chipotle
- Roasted Duck Breast and Root Vegetables
- Shrimp Soup Spaghetti
- Thai Vegetable Red Curry
- Collaborating for the Climate
- Cascadian Farm Giveaway
- New Products for Spring
- Third Wheel Cheese Company Presents…
- Our Kitchen is Green Restaurant Certified!
- Top 5 Products for Stress Relief