Eat seasonally to support local agriculture and to cut back on foods that require long travel and storage. This simple dessert features in-season pomegranate and oranges.
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios or chopped roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Over a double boiler or in a bowl in a microwave, melt chocolate until smooth. On a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, spread melted chocolate in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle nuts, pomegranate seeds and orange zest over the chocolate. Very gently press toppings into the chocolate (but not all the way through).
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours for the chocolate to set again. Break into shards.