To make this dish gluten free, use gluten-free bread crumbs in the meatballs and swap in quinoa for the orzo.
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• ½ cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 pound ground lamb
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• 1 egg
• 8 ounces orzo pasta
• 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
• 1 small cucumber, sliced
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Lemon-Parsley Yogurt Sauce:
• ½ cup whole-milk yogurt
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a small bowl, stir together all Lemon-Parsley Yogurt Sauce ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside or refrigerate. Makes ⅔ cup.
2. Preheat oven to 375°, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
3. Put garlic, parsley leaves, mint, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse to grind well. Add lamb, bread crumbs and egg, and pulse until well-combined, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Portion into 2-tablespoon-size balls, and set onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18–20 minutes until cooked through (about 165° internal temperature).
4. Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions. Drain, and let cool slightly. Toss with tomatoes, cucumber, ¼ cup chopped parsley and olive oil. Serve topped with feta, meatballs and yogurt sauce.