Thyme’s vibrant flavor enhances mild goat cheese and eggs and aromatically complements parsley’s steady flavor. Make these easy, egg-based bites up to three days in advance, and store in the fridge for a quick power breakfast on busy days.
• 1 shallot
• 1 cup packed and shredded baby spinach or kale
• ½ cup lightly packed, minced fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
• 8 eggs
• ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
• ½ cup cottage cheese
• ⅓ cup cornmeal
• ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°, and grease a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Chop shallot, greens, parsley and thyme in a food processor. Stir together with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide evenly into prepared pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
3. Bake for 20–22 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes in pan, and run a paring knife around edges to loosen. Serve warm.