Go Keto with Garden of Life

Jump start your New Year’s Resolutions with Garden of Life’s new Dr. Formulated KETO line of products!

What’s the Buzz?

A ketogenic diet typically derives about 70% of total calories from healthy fats. The remaining 30% are derived from carbohydrates (10%) and proteins (20%). Eating like this gets your body into ketosis, in which fat is burned for energy rather that carbs and glucose. In contrast, the S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) derives 50% (and more) of total calories from carbs, about 35% fats, and 15% from proteins. Read more in this article “The Keto Diet – Changing Gene Expression for Health.”GOL Butter Powder

Why A Ketogenic Diet?

  1. Supports weight loss
  2. Supports cardiovascular health
  3. Helps maintain blood sugar levels
  4. Promotes brain health
  5. Increases energy levels
  6. You feel better

How Do I Do It?

To get and stay in ketosis, you must restrict carbs to less than 50 total grams a day, which isn’t much. That’s about 1 bagel. Be committed. Be diligent. Read labels carefully! (Get some insight on how to avoid added sugar in the article “5 Simple Ways to Cut Back on Sneaky Sugars“).

GOL Keto MealWho Makes It?

Garden of Life makes following a keto diet easy and delicious with products formulated by New York Times Best Selling Author Dr. David Perlmutter, M.D., F.A.C.N., author of “Grain Brain.”

What’s In Store?

Shakes, meals, MCT and Butter Powders specifically designed to help those who are seeking a low-carb/ketosis lifestyle for weight loss or general health purposes. Crafted using 100% Non-GMO Project Verified and truly grass-fed ingredients, they are all paleo-friendly and all utilize 1.5 Billion CFU probiotics (Lactobacillus plantarum) in each serving.

Details, Details, Details

Keto Fit, in Vanilla and Chocolate, to help get your body into ketosis.
Keto Meal to continue that process and maintain weight loss, also in Vanilla and Chocolate.
Organic MCT Powder from coconut oil. Mix into coffee, teas, bone broth, soups, sauces, anywhere your culinary imagination will take you!
Organic Grass Fed Butter Powder — THE healthy fat! Great on eggs, cooked fish, poultry or steak, or sprinkled on raw or roasted vegetables. Can be mixed into coffee, teas and bone broth.

GOL MCT PowderSo What?

Stop in and pick up “The Clean and Simple Guide to Everything Keto” by Dr. Perlmutter, Robb Wolf and Pete Evans, free with any purchase of Garden of Life’s Keto line. There, you will find tips on how to get started, a Keto Shopping Guide, a 7-Day Meal Plan, Recipes, and much more information on the keto lifestyle. There are many reasons to consider adopting a ketogenic diet. Ask yourself, if not now, when?

Written by Henry, Wellness Manager


Note: Prior to any dietary change, you should first consult your healthcare provider. A ketogenic diet may be just the right fit for you.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.