“On Sunday morning, the Kennett Food Cupboard’s building suffered an electrical fire. With the help of the Kennett Police, Kennett Fire Department and Avondale Fire Department, the fire was quickly contained.
However, on Monday after a detailed assessment of the damage by the local authorities, we were told to dispose of 50% of our current inventory and cleanup measures will need to be taken throughout the entire building. We are sad to report, that the Food Cupboard building will remain closed as we repair and clean.
Last month, we served 1,124 people, and those people are counting on YOU. We are asking the community to come together and go above-and-beyond their usual generosity to help us create a stopgap until we are up and running again. Unfortunately, we will have no access to refrigeration so all items must be shelf-stable or canned.”
The Food Cupboard is in desperate need of the following items:
- $25 Giant gift cards (will allow people to get the basics like bread, milk and eggs)
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry and Grape Jelly
- Canned Goods