A no-refined-sugar cookie that you can readily enjoy for breakfast, this recipe from Sally’s Cookie Addiction (Race Point, 2017) will streamline your morning routine and add legit nutrition to the most important meal of the day.
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 2½ cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
• 1 cup almond butter
• ⅓ cup honey
• ½ cup sliced almonds
• ½ cup dried cranberries
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325˚. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Scoop ¼-cup mounds of the batter onto the parchment paper and bake for 17–20 minutes, until lightly browned on the sides.
3. Remove from oven, and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe credit: Jamie Gates
Photo credit: Jennifer Olson