Our Harvest Market Kitchen chefs are offering recipes from their home kitchens. Whether you are a novice cook or seasoned chef, these dishes are simple, satisfying, and can be made in about 30 minutes. Happy cooking!
Cacio e Pepe
From Alexus’ Kitchen – Watch Alexus herself introduce you to this recipe!
My New Year’s resolution was to eat less meat, so recently I have been learning more vegetarian recipes. Nowadays, I rarely eat meat. Cacio e Pepe is a versatile dish because you can use whatever vegetables you like. You can even use up odds and ends from your fridge’s vegetable drawer. When I’m busy with work or school, I like to make Cacio e Pepe because it is quick and easy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Linguine Pasta, 8 oz dried
- Pecorino Romano, ¾ C fresh grated
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 TBS
- Asparagus, 5 oz cut into bite sized pieces
- Mushrooms, 3 oz sliced
- Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Bring 2 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil
- Cook ½ box of pasta according to instructions on box, or until desired consistency
- Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water before draining
- Over medium heat, saute vegetables in light oiled pan until fork tender
- Take a medium sized serving bowl and whisk grated romano cheese with the reserved pasta water until smooth.
- Add 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Add pasta and sauteed vegetables to sauce and toss
- Serve immediately
This dish can be made with whatever vegetables are available and to your liking. Try zucchini, bell peppers, or spinach and garlic.
- Linguine Pasta (or Gluten free alternative)
- Pecorino Romano
- Any vegetables and mushrooms
- Also needed: Olive Oil, Black Pepper